Too often, a conversation results in wasted time — and nothing productive to show for it. Whether you’ve run into someone at a conference or you have a scheduled call, you can use specific tactics to have a more meaningful conversation. Here are some ways to add meaning to your conversations:
1. Don’t get too excited about your next thought.
2. Ask good questions that show you’re engaged.
3. Do your homework without being creepy.
4. Try to genuinely relate.
5. Don’t waste people’s time.
6. Reach out in meaningful ways.
7. Decrease personal barriers.
8. Recognize other people.